5 Players Who Impressed:
1. DE Anthony Zettel : Had a sack on 3rd down forcing Atlanta to punt the ball away at a key time in the game. Maximizing possessions is a main focus to a lot of teams. If Atlanta was able to get a first down here, it would have shifted momentum their way.
2. K Matt Prater: 55 yard field goal, sets NFL all time record for most 50+ yard field goals made in a row (13). He adds a 57, 40, 35. Prater is just simply having a career year.
— Logan Lamorandier (@LLamorandier) September 24, 2017
3. S Glover Quin: Seems like game after game Quinn just continues to make plays. Quinn’s pick-6 was a huge momentum shift in this game. So far this year, the Lions have seven interceptions in three games. Last year they only had 10 for the whole season.
Matt Ryan picked off by Glover Quin who takes it 37 yards to the house! pic.twitter.com/4mObTTSDhD
— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) September 24, 2017
4. QB Matthew Stafford: Stafford once again led the Detroit Lions offense to what seemed to be a 4th-quarter comeback vs the NFC Super Bowl representative last year. With another amazing performance, Lions fans should be very happy that Stafford signed his extension keeping him a Lion for years to come.
5. CB Darius Slay: Slay had two interceptions in this game giving the Lions the turnover advantage– three to nothing. Slay has had a great year and continues to prove his top-5 CB status.
5 Who Did Not
1. TE Eric Ebron: As much of a fan as I am of Ebron, he had a horrible game. Ebron had some drops and some key moments of the game he had two drops in the fourth quarter alone.
Poor Performance by me. I have to learn how to deal with adversity throughout the game. I’ll be on my grind all week see y’all next week
— Eric Ebron (@Ebron85) September 24, 2017
2. OG TJ Lang: Personal foul not only took away a 1st down, but made it 3rd and long which the Lions did not convert, his penalty cost the Lions a whole drive.
3. CB Nevin Lawson: Gave up a PI on a pass Julio Jones would not have caught on 3rd down giving the Falcons a brand new set of downs. This penalty was controversial but at the end of the day it went in the books as a penalty and a first down for Atlanta.
This being said, Lawson has had a tremendous season and has already far exceeded my expectations. This was a hard game to determine who stood out for a negative reason. As you will see penalties will get you on this list when they come and key moments.
4. LB Tahir Whitehead: Whitehead’s lack of coverage shows how bad the Detroit Lions defense really needs Jarrad Davis to come back as soon as possible. The rookie first–round pick out of the University of Florida is clearly the team’s best linebacker.
Whitehead has been getting roasted all day in coverage. Becoming apparent how important a healthy Jarrad Davis is to this Defense. #ATLvsDET
— Zachary Warber (@DetLionsScout) September 24, 2017
5. OG Zac Kerin: A holding penalty cost the Lions the ball on two yardline with one minute to go in a four-point game. The Lions later got another chance with less time on the clock, but if it wasn’t for this penalty, Detroit would have had approximately 20 seconds more on the clock.Follow here: